Saturday, December 28, 2013

One Man, One Bike, One Gear, equals One Epic Journey!!!

Greetings from blogger land!

Recently I have been planning for another epic trip across America by bicycle. Similar to the ride in 2010 when I rode across the TransAmerica Route; I will ride solo, self-contained, and long each day!

This time I will be riding for the following:

1. Raise Money for a few fellas trying to make RIO in '16. Want to help? follow the link http://www.mcendurance.com/rio-fund/

 2. In 2012 I won the Strava Base Mile Blast - I hope to again on this trip, only in style and a lot of pain (style explained below - pain, well that doesn't need an explanation!)

 3. Inspire the world to go and ride your bikes or as the Dirt Bag Diaries state "Go Follow Your Folly"!

You have read a few words of mine so far, however let me really try and persuade you to follow this journey!

 I travel by the # tag, @ sign, alias, or just plain textual (is textual a word) of "mcendurance" in the virtual world most of us find ourselves living. I chose this call sign because its simple - the first two letters are my initials and one defines "endurance" as the fact or power of enduring an unpleasant or difficult process or situation without giving way.

 Now you might be thinking, this kid is crazy "endurance"! Well my friend, I'm not in an institution so I would differ. I, like most people dream of experiences like this on a daily basis. However, there is a point in ones life where you have to "unplug" from the daily grind we get caught up in and venture out! I know there are responsibilities of life that puts a stronghold on each one of us and doesn't allow us to capture the moments we most cherish. But, lets face it. Life is short and we only get one dash!

If you followed my blog in '10 you know what that dash is, for others let me explain…

 This is my dash: 1979 - ?

The dash is my life and what I make of it, and the ? mark, well you get the point!

The life we chose is a short, we must make the best of every moment we can as you never know when its going to be taken. I have been close to death and have lost a lot of good friends at the early age of 34 and I know that my time on this planet is short. I chose not to live on comments of others like "once in a lifetime" or "I wish I had the time to do something like that" or "I wish I had the funds to do that".

These are all just excuses keeping you from jumping head first into the word "endurance". If you want something, make it happen, go for it, as you only have one dash!! Before you know it, your life will fall into that ? in the small equation I have listed above! So analyze your life, and LIVE the joy you want to see on a daily basis! Hide behind no fear, no excuses, or worry.

The mind should live in one state of time, and that's only in the MOMENT, as there is no future and we need not live in the past. If you can implement wisdom and experiences gained from the past you will allow each moment to be even more precious than the last. You do this. You will find inner peace, joy, and a life you have always dreamt of!

***Little about the upcoming trip! Style - I mentioned I would define above - see photo of my rig that will accompany me across the Southern Tier of the United States. Now for the pain - this is going to be EPIC as I want to cover 130-150 miles a day on a 35 lb rig and only one gear!!! Stay tuned as more exciting text, photos, and life experiences are about to unfold!!!

No comments: