Friday, September 3, 2010

Short Tour of LA

Here in LA (Friday 9/3/2010) with Carl and Cookie which have been amazing host. Meeting them in Wisdom, MT had to have occurred for a reason! This morning Carl and I had breakfast at a little cafe down from the condo then back to the condo for a little work. Carl with some desk work as I type my little heart out on yesterdays post and finish up laundry.

After about an hour of writing and catching up on my to do list, while Carls out at Costco buying groceries I try and just be. Then off to lunch and a quick tour of the most expensive living available in LA. First stop, lunch at the Beverly Hills Country Club - one can only imagine from the outside, however I've been blessed to share lunch with some members. I've never experienced anything like this before, sitting across chatting with successful Americans, while I sit across the table with ~300 dollars liquid to my name. I have worked so hard over the last ten years to watch it all fade away. Since Florida my outlook on status and money has changed, true I would love to have financial stability in my life and I might come across it some day, however what I was impressed about the most was the the "how"...

How people interacted, the kind, gentle mannerism, the genuineness. From what I saw it looked real, to others maybe not so much, however thats the difference in perspectives. I see great Americans that have earned the right to experience life, to live as they want and not as others want them to. I was sitting in Santa Barbara yesterday over hearing a young lady talk about life and I wanted to say something, however I didn't. She was talking about marriage and how people shouldn't get married unless they have done this, seen this, experienced this. I just thought she is entitled to her own opinion, however finances are not available to everyone to see 50 countries by the age of say 25-30. I'm sure I could make it happen though if I really needed to and on much much less I'm sure.

The opportunities in this world come and go, its those who seize the ones that come that makes life so worth living! For some its about the money, the fame, the status, however for me its about the knowledge! Think of how much intelligence is in the room when you go out, something to learn, something to share - all boiling down to the relationships that I'll be able to take with me when I pass. The money won't come, the cars, the houses, all will stay!

I'm thankful for the time I have here and will never forget the Gregory's as they have been a blessing. Carl even mentioned I should write a book, I look forward to trying to complete this and hope I know what I've got myself into. Do I need a lot of financial support to make this happen, will someone help me? I have the time so I really want to complete it as the time comes. Will someone present me with a job when all this is through? What will returning to Missouri look like a couple months from now? Will I be right back where I started? The questions seem to be endless?

I do know what I would like though, is that having control? I have a dream just as the next guy, I guess all in all its up to me to try and make it happen!

So on the Tour of LA I got to see Beverly Hills, Bel Aire, Rodeo Drive (They pronounce Rodeo a little different out here! lol), Pacific Palisades, Brentwood, and some of the luxurous real estate the United States has to offer. Along with all the people and biological diversity that is here, so many trees I have never seen before, I'll have to get to researching so I'll know there names...

No comments: